Thursday, August 22, 2013

#1 Introduction

My name is Jennifer Barton. I am from Mobile, AL and attend the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS. My major is Elementary Education and Special Education with an endorsement in Math. My desire is to teach second grade. I have always had the passion to teach children and love to see the expression on their faces when they learn something new. Last summer, I went to the Philippines on a mission trip for 2 months and got to teach English and Art to underprivileged children. I have two older brothers who both attended Southern Miss. My oldest brother, Josh, played football here and graduated with a business degree. My other brother, Jonathan, graduated with a construction engineering degree. In my free time, I like to go to the beach, go shopping, hang out with friends, and go running. I am currently training for a half marathon. After I graduate, my dream plan is to either go back to my hometown and teach or find a job teaching in Birmingham, AL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    Thank you for sharing. I lived in Hoover for 3 years and pursued my PhD at Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Great area to live. I like Mobile too, especially the Bay Bears! The experience you received while on your mission trip is invaluable. I'm really glad you were able to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete